Monday, September 17, 2012

Fall Check List



                                               Start my blog?
Yes...its pretty embarassing. Creating a blog was my one and only New Year's resolution for 2012, and sadly it is now almost October!
I found every excuse I could think of NOT to start it- my son's high school graduation, the weather was too cold, the weather was too hot. Not to mention the intimidating task of trying to live up to the hundreds of gorgeous blog sites I have visited over the last couple of years. But, quite simply, I didn't have a clue as to where or how I should begin. However, as I am not getting any younger, I have ultimately thrown caution to the wind and decided to give it a "good old college football try" (what a clever segue into fall!).






What better way to launch my new little blog than by giving a nod to our fading summer season, and a parting glance at the very last flowers in my summer garden. They deserve a little recognition as they have been thoroughly ignored this past month.  I was initially drawn to my pitifully over-grown plot of land (too embarassed to call it a garden at this time of year!) by the heavenly smell of my ginger lilies. They have the most divine gardenia-like scent and serve as homage to my husband's hometown of Montgomery, Alabama,    where this time of year they grow in abundance. 

Picking through the weeds, I managed to rescue a few other late summer beauties. But, already my mind is drifting towards mums & pumpkins, and ideas of what I want to plant next year.

Too bad you can't smell these divine, white Ginger Lilies!


I have no set agenda in writing this blog other than to share my ideas, and snippets of things I love to create and that inspire me. I can't wait to share pictures of my studio, which is already a whirlwind of activities as I prepare for the (yikes!) fast approaching holiday season. I promise not to be too "wordy"- I love eye candy- so lots more photos(I know; two little pictures are pathetic!). But hey...I did it! My first blog entry!




1 comments:

Allen said...

Great blog! Looking forward to more!

All the best. Al